Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Fluorescent Forests (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Very much like Fractal's chillstep stuff. Real nice

Robot Language Robot Language

Love the use of distortion.

TAK - PAE-KI (meganeko Remix) TAK - PAE-KI (meganeko Remix)

Composition reminds me of OcularNebula, style reminds me of Nanobii. Great combination, great production. Good work!

Deadbeat Deadbeat

I love your music dude, but you have some mastering issues, especially with your high end. EQing too aggressively, limiting too aggressively, most likely. The rest of your mix is pretty solid, especially your low end, which has a good punch. But man those highs are definitely a bit much imo, haha. Legit track though, that aside!

Scenic ride Scenic ride

So atmospheric! Sounds crisp and lovely. Really enjoying this <3

Noisysundae responds:

5aved and downloaded yours too. And thanks for the follow. :)

Badland Badland

Legit production, badass track!

~SW~ Reflection ~SW~ Reflection

I wish I had the time right now for a really long review, because this song sure deserves it - but I enjoyed the hell out of this. The progression, the melodic creativity (SO MUCH MELODY, seriously I would go crazy writing this much stuff at one time. So much diversity!)

I would summarize this song as "fantastically varied". It moves a long way, feels like an adventure :P but it achieves it at a good pace. Despite its relatively drawn-out nature, I never found myself bored! I have a habit of impatience when it comes to listening to music unless I'm sure that I'll like something, so take it from me that this song is very engaging.

I love the bitcrushing, and I love the squaaaares. Omg. I can't express my love for those little waveforms enough. So bright. I love the little bits of percussion you have going on, the tiny intricacies and snare drills. Panning, too.

A lot of sections of this song remind me of *something* - I'm not sure what. Something video-gamey and nostalgic, but I can't really remember anything specific. Terraria? Steven Universe? I have no idea. It might partially be your sound design and the scale the song is in. But I love it. It's so... crystalline.

I don't usually use such vague terms/phrases when talking about music, but I think it means I had more of an emotional reaction to this song than usual. Or something? Haha.

Fantastic work, for real. Such a big song, I can feel the achievement just listening to it :P

GOD I LOVE THOSE SQUARES

SkyeWint responds:

Geoplex! Hi hi! Good to see you <3

There are actually about two-three different melodies, they just are varied depending on the section and fit around the rest of the song to make it so no section repeats 100%.

Funny thing about the little waveforms - I've found that my style has started revolving more and more around the little waveforms doing a lot of melody/bass stuff, with background pads and other chord/sfx stuff being the more complicated synth stuff. I dunno. It works really well - simple waveforms pierce songs GREAT.

Anyway... thank you! I do feel like it's a big achievement for me, so I super appreciate you saying that. :3 Bye!

Arrival Arrival

Really love the melodies in this one man, great mix as well! :P

Project M Main Theme Remix Project M Main Theme Remix

Really nice song man. Pretty clean mix, nice instrumentation. Love the stutter around 1:50, even if it is a little out of character for the rest of the song :P. I really like how chill it is.

I'm partially writing this review because of what's happening to PM right now, and I had no idea anyone else on this site was even into it, to be honest; but it makes me realize there are people everywhere that aren't going to let this game die.

NyxTheShield responds:

Oh man, i am destroyed now, can't believe it. But i won't let this game down. Not while i am alive :)

Motions Motions

This is an NGADM 2015 Review.

I spent ages listening to both your track and bass/josh’s before making a decision, because it was close to impossible. Both tracks are very high calibre, and this track is pretty damn amazing.

I love the mood, how happy and laid back it is. The production is fantastic. Nice and loud, very clear; much like many of your submissions. Melodically this one is also fantastic. This is a top-notch song, and I’ve had it in my head the last few days. It’s catchy and effective, especially the soft breakdown around 00:40! My god. Love that low-passed saw.

In the end it was hard to find any objective characteristics to base any kind of decision on, but it was necessary to make a call somewhere. I think the relatively short length of your track played a part in that, though to be fair you don’t have much time to produce with NGADM (I could never do it, honestly). I’d like to think that the airhorn also played a part but I don’t know in what direction, lol. It startled me, but it’s also kinda funny. Essentially what I’m saying is that this track is difficult to pull apart, at least in any negative way, haha.

Usually I find it pretty easy to nitpick people’s kick drums, but I can’t really do that here. It’s actually pretty perfect. In fact, the mix on this in general is pretty perfect. There’s literally nothing that sticks out at me as being too soft or loud. Perhaps the snareclap could be louder or have more punch; and it might also be a little wide - but that’s mostly just an opinion. Transitions, also an easy target for most submissions, are awesome and difficult to fault here. This track is atmospherically awesome as well. The little hats and fills, even just in the breakdown alone, are enough to sell me. There are plenty of subtle components that help to create a fuller and more exciting listening experience and it’s really effective.

The sound design/instrumentation isn’t ambitious, but it also isn’t too simple. Love the use of saws in general. Saws are life. I love the bass as well, it gives the piece a somewhat nu disco/electro feel; especially in the intro, which i really love. You’ve probably done a bit of processing to your noise sweeps as well, and they sound really nice; unless you used samples, which is also fine. I’m guilty, haha. Excellent lead sound, too! Blends incredibly well, in fact it fits into the mix so well it’s almost as though I shouldn’t be able to hear the melody appropriately, but I can, and that’s actually pretty damn impressive.

Compositionally speaking it’s an obvious success. The melodies aren’t repetitive, they’re catchy and effective, and you keep it pretty interesting structurally. What I really love, is that this song feels very “credits” or “outro” to me (partially because of its happy demeanor, I guess) and so it’s quite appropriate for the grand finals, the end of the contest.

I suppose in the end it came down to nitpicks, subjectivities and subtleties, because there was nothing else, and I had to swing one way or the other. It was partially the length, and partially that to me, this song grabbed me a little less - the ending was also a little dubious, but you knew what you were doing :P. I guess I’m apologizing for the inherent subjectivity involved, because you did an incredible job here; and so did your opponents. I love this kind of music, and I love this!

What can I say, fantastic work. Congratulations on Second Place, and for being awesome!

midimachine responds:

cheers for the reviews! tbh i giggle like a bitch at the airhorn every time so idk! :v